Pages

Monday 1 June 2009

First writes

This is Old Runningfox's first attempt at blogging and not at all sure how to go about it. Most of what I write will be about running or training, or travel to exciting places - like our recent visit to the Outer Hebrides. Regarding the latter I made the mistake of emailing a friend and including photographs of the dazzling white beaches where we'd camped wild on Barra, Eriskay, Harris and North Uist. He was most impressed and wanted a list of their locations which I refused to give him. I hope he wasn't offended, but I tried to explain that such sites are to be kept to ourselves. Those wonderful places wouldn't be the same if all and sundry were wild camping there. Neither would the locals like it, though most of them welcome responsible overnight campers and are very helpful and hospitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment